The year is winding down and for many companies thoughts start focusing on a new year. Maybe you are taking the time to review where you have been, where you are and where you want to go. Are you happy with the results? Do you wish your business was improving? If it is doing well, do you want to reduce the stress and challenges that growth creates? Do you always want to improve?
The ability to be better, and happier, with our business, our people and our personal lives can be boiled down to one word: GIVE. That too may be top of mind since we are in the holiday season. However, giving should not just be limited to one time of year. Giving has implications that lead to success and happiness. While giving is often associated with money, there are other ways that can make an even greater impact.
- Give your TIME – Spend it where it matters most to you. Time is a valuable commodity that equates to more than money because once it is spent, we can never get it back. Give time to a cause, spend it with family, even give some to yourself. Make every minute count.
- Give your ATTENTION – All of us are guilty of not being in the moment at times. When you are with someone, do more than occupy the same room. Give them your attention and they will give you theirs.
- Give your WORK – Doing too much? Probably. Are there others who can do the task? Almost definitely. Leaders often take on too much with the notion that no one else can do things as well as they can. Take some of that time and give someone the tools to potentially do it better. They learn and in the future you will have more time to use the way you want.
- Give a MEMORY – People have grown to expect the mundane. Give them something they will remember. Money fades, but an experience will provide memories that last a lifetime. Your customers will appreciate it and keep coming back. Your employees will love it and you will make them happier while keeping them longer.
- Give your RESOURCES – Time. Talent. Money. All can make a difference for someone else who has less. Find a cause that has meaning to you. The personal rewards will be great, and that impact can resonate for years. The difference you make improves the community in which you live.
- Give your KNOWLEDGE – Give someone a fish they eat for a day. Teach someone to fish, you feed them for a lifetime. Enough said.
- Give THANKS – Many are wired into what is wrong. Thank yous have become a rarity. Thank people more. Give thanks to someone for unexpected reasons. When they do a great job. For their dedication. For sticking with you during the tough times. Showing gratitude to others will bring that gratitude back to you ten fold.
- Give a PURPOSE – People want to matter. They want to feel important. Remind them why they are here and how they bring value to you, your customers, and your company. Let them contribute in matters that impact sales and profits. Let them take managed risks. Embrace their strengths and mentor them to success. Your influence could change the life of someone more than you know.
It has been said the more you give the more you get. What you get cannot be measured by money alone yet it could make the difference between having an average year or a stellar year in 2013. Need a better understanding of how to implement this? GIVE me a call.
1 thought on “One Word that can Transform Your Business… And Your Life”
excellent topic to learn
Comments are closed.